How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- England flooding: Labour and Lib Dems criticise response
Boris Johnson is to chair the government's emergency committee to discuss how flooding has been hand…
- HS2 should happen despite rising cost, says review
A draft copy of a review into the project says it might cost even more than its current price of £88…
- Primark guard guilty of raping teenage girl accused of shoplifting
Zia Uddin is found guilty of rape and sexually assaulting four girls at the Kingston Primark store.
- General election 2019: 'Cyber-attack' on Labour Party digital platforms
The party says the DDoS attack against its systems failed, but an online campaign tool was disrupted…
- Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin jailed for murdering sons
Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin murdered the two boys and conspired to kill their four other childr…