How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- Manchester bomber's brother arrested for murder
Hashem Abedi is set to appear in a UK court charged with killing 22 in the 2017 attack, police say.
- Woman wins right to late partner's military pension in landmark ruling
The ruling could impact others in the public sector, including police, teachers and doctors.
- May warns against 'absolutist' politics of 'winners and losers'
In her last major speech, she says "ill words" have consequences, but comes in for criticism herself…
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak declared public health emergency
The disease has killed more than 1,600 people in the African state of DR Congo.
- Paedophile Matthew Bell: Why did it take so long to arrest him?
Matthew Bell is facing jail, but questions remain about why it took so long to catch him.