How to add / edit webfeeds
News/Web feeds are a great way to pull up-to-date information from other sites sources. The feed is added-to externally and will update automatically on your site with any changes.
To add a webfeed to your page simply:
Login to your School Jotter -> Edit Page -> Insert Item -> Web feed.
From here you can add a title and a description of your feed.
Followed by entering the URL of the specific feed.
Follow signs for RSS or the RSS logo on the external page to be directed to the feed URL you require.
Web Feeds created this way are saved to Jotter and can be re-used at other parts of the site.
Please see below an example of the BBC news web feed.
News from the UK and around the world.
- Covid: UK records new daily high of 1,610 deaths
The total number of deaths, within 28 days of a positive test, during the pandemic is now over 90,00…
- Covid in Scotland: Schools to stay closed as lockdown extended
Mainland Scotland and some islands to remain under toughest coronavirus rules until at least mid-Feb…
- Covid: Positive antibody tests doubled since autumn
Some 10% of the UK population is showing signs of recent infection, a doubling since October, says O…
- Covid: Politicians drank on Senedd premises despite booze ban
A group of members drank alcohol on Welsh Parliament premises, days into a ban on its sale in pubs.
- Biden to block Trump's Covid rule change on president's final day in office
The outgoing president wanted to lift travel bans on visitors from much of Europe and Brazil.